- This event has passed.
Pan Asian Repertory Theatre’s NuWorks Series
June 10, 2014 @ 7:30 pm - June 15, 2014 @ 3:30 pm$25
Pan Asian Repertory Theatre’s NUWORKS series presents a wide range of new work shorts from emerging artists exploring different genres and techniques. Three artists per evening:
PROGRAM A (June 10th & 13th at 7:30 PM)
– LIGHT, SHADOW AND WIND by Mana Hashimoto, a blind dancer who completely lost her sight in the middle of adulthood. This solo dance piece expresses “Light, Shadow and Wind” in her own life and the lives of others.
– DAUGHTER OF THE MAKAHIYA by Nehprii Amenii. A dramatic solo performance of a woman’s realization that she has become her father. While coming to terms with the inevitable, she invites you in to witness her own disappearing act.
– THREE TWO ONE! by Rebecca Lee Lerman. What happens to friendship when Life gets in the way? Three childhood friends struggle through the terrain of sisterhood while on the search for success and stability in New York City.
PROGRAM B (June 11th & 14th at 7:30 PM)
– SPEAKING OF… by Anna DeMers. A dance performance that investigates the ways we communicate with our bodies, questioning when we absolutely need to speak verbally, and how to communicate that which feels impossible to say.
– FAMILY DREAMS by Jo Shui. A mother battling cancer prepares to say good-bye to her child. Through their years, we see their shared family dreams of survival come true.
– HOW TO NOT GET TURNED INTO A TREE by Daniel Glenn. Excerpt from a comedic solo performance with four characters- a motivational speaker, a Tea Party treasurer, a disgruntled teenage girl and a bibliophile- trying to find their way to decency in a sea of change.
PROGRAM C (June 12th at 7:30pm & June 15th at 2:30 PM)
– THE WADING POOL by Allen Lang. In the afterlife, two characters meet and befriend each other at a beautiful pool where they share how they lived and how they died.
– GOOGLE, IT’S COMPLICATED! by Aizzah Fatima. A (funny) true story of one girl’s love affair with Google, ads quality, and doing good.
– exHOTic other by Una Aya Osato. How many layers must you lose to get to the center of yourself? Join Una Aya Osato and her burlesque alter ego, exHOTic other, as they take on the world and take off their clothes.
TICKETS: General admission $25. Call Telecharge at 212-239-6200 or visit www.telecharge.com or the Theatre Row Box Office.
Discount available at www.broadwayoffers.com or 212-947-8844. Early bird discount $20 use code TrEarly. Through June 9th only.