- This event has passed.
Komen Greater NYC Impact Awards 5/20 Honors Joan Lunden/Steve Shak MD/LIJMC/PepsiCo/John Mack Carter
May 20, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Susan G. Komen® Greater NYC will be honoring innovation and impact in the breast cancer field at The Impact Awards luncheon on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 in the Grand Ballroom of the New York Hilton Midtown. During the Luncheon, Komen Greater NYC will salute individuals and organizations committed to raising awareness, saving lives and eradicating breast cancer:
Joan Lunden (Surviving with Impact Award) — journalist, entrepreneur, author, wife, mother
Steven Shak, MD (Physician of Impact Award) — Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer, Genomic Health. Presented by Patrick Borgen, MD, Chief of Maimonides Medical Center Breast Cancer Center.
PepsiCo, Inc. (Corporate Impact Award) — Accepted by Anne Fink, Chief Operating Officer, PepsiCo North American Foodservice
Long Island Jewish Medical Center (Community Impact & Innovation Award) — Accepted by Jill Maura Rabin, MD, Head of Urogynecology.
John Mack Carter (Founders’ Award) – Sponsored by Hearst Corporation – presented posthumously to one of the key founders of Komen Greater NYC by Frank Bennack, Jr., Executive Vice Chairman and former CEO of Hearst Corporation, accepted by Sharlyn Carter
“We are extremely pleased to be honoring these organizations and individuals who are having such an impact on the fight against breast cancer,” said Linda McNeil Tantawi, Komen Greater NYC CEO. “Our honorees are all doing their part in the fight, whether as a:
• Prominent spokesperson for breast cancer prevention as well as an inspiration and beacon of hope for women with the disease;
• Respected breast cancer researcher who is a pioneer in diagnostic tools and cutting-edge personalized medicine;
• Corporation that puts its employees first and is dedicated to supporting breast health programs and life-saving research;
• Hospital that is going above and beyond to help the medically underserved in their communities receive the best breast health care; or
• Beloved and esteemed top magazine professional who gave his all to found Susan G. Komen Greater NYC, helping more than a million women, men and families over the last 25 years.
“These people and organizations are making a difference every day and we are proud to honor them during our silver anniversary of service to the greater New York City area,” stated Tantawi.
The event will be hosted by Good Morning America news anchor Amy Robach, who will present the Surviving with Impact Award, which she received in 2014, to her colleague and fellow survivor Joan Lunden.
The event is Komen Greater NYC’s second largest fundraiser of the year. Tickets are available starting at $350 ($200 for persons under 30). More information is available by visiting our website, www.komennyc.org/impact, or by contacting Cynthia Ramirez at email@example.com or by phone at 212-461-6184.